Welcome to Compare Pet Insurance Plans!
Pet Insurance Blog and Related News...
Video Alert: 4 Big Insurance Companies Compared
December 9, 2011 This is an amazing video made by Dr. Jim Humphries of the Veterinary News Network. Its an amazing story of Tucker, a 3 year old Great Dane. Tucker eventually...
Pet Insurance Fraud up Over 400%!
November 25, 2011 Pet insurance fraud has risen over 400% in England according to the Association of British Insurers. In some cases this means pets...
1st Offering: Capital BlueCross Pet Insurance
November 11, 2011 Capital BlueCross pet insurance is now available to many people who live in Pennsylvania. In fact according to the company they are...
Pet Insurance Misconception #1: I'll Wait Till My Pet Gets Older
October 28, 2011 Topping our list at the number one misconception of pet insurance is that many people believe that waiting to get pet insurance until their pet gets older...
Wal-Mart vs. Veterinarians
October 15, 2011 Wal-Mart is again going after small business owners, this time in the form of veterinary clinics. Wal-Mart, who is the largest seller...
Pet Insurance Misconceptions #2: Its Pet Insurance or Nothing
September 30, 2011 At #2 on our list of pet insurance misconceptions is that some people don't realize that there are other options besides pet insurance...
7 Senior Dog Care Tips
September 16, 2011 With September being Senior Pet Wellness Month, today we'll talk about 7 ways that you can give better senior dog care. 1. Twice...
Pet Insurance Misconception #3: I'll Wait Till I Need it
September 2, 2011 At #3 on our list of common pet insurance misconceptions is that some people think that they can wait and buy pet insurance once their...
Dog Plastic Surgery on the Rise
August 21, 2011 Dog plastic surgery is on the rise in the UK, according to PetPlan, the largest pet insurance company in England. They claim that they...
Pet Insurance Misconception #4: It Covers Everything
August 5, 2011 Continuing our series on common pet insurance misconceptions is #4, in that some people think it covers everything that your pet would...
Does My Dog Need the Red Rock Biologics Rattlesnake Vaccine?
July 17, 2011 Red Rock Biologics estimates that 150,000 cats and dogs are bitten by venomous snakes every year. And most of these accidents happen during...
Pet Insurance Misconception #5: I Don't Need It
July 3, 2011 At #5 on our list of common pet insurance misconceptions is that many people believe that they don't need it. Unfortunately for many people...
Average Dog Bite Claim is $26,616
June 19, 2011 According to the Insurance Information Institute, the average dog bite claim last year was $26,616. They also said that the number of dog...
Pet Insurance Misconception #6: It's Too Complicated
June 5, 2011 Another common misconception about pet insurance is that it is too complicated. Many people feel that filling out all the forms and trying...
Veterinarian Charged With Prescription Fraud
May 22, 2011 In Bradenton, FL, a veterinarian was charged this week with giving a woman prescriptions for drugs knowing that he knew were for her use...
Pet Insurance Misconception #7: It Doesn't Cover Anything
May 8, 2011 At #7 on our list of common misconceptions about pet insurance is the fact that many people think that it doesn't cover anything, or doesn't...
The 9 Most Common Skin Tumors of Dogs
April 24, 2011 Finding a skin tumor on your dog is quite common, and in most cases these can be removed by your veterinarian easily because most are benign....
Pet Insurance Misconception #8: Its Too Expensive
April 3, 2011 This week continues our series on common misconceptions about pet insurance. At #8 on our list is the common misbelief that pet insurance...
Pet Insurance Misconception #9: My Vet Doesn't Accept Pet Insurance
March 27, 2011 Continuing our series on common misconceptions about pet insurance . At #9 on our list is the common mis-belief that your veterinarian ...
Pet Health Inc. Joins Best Friends Animal Society
March 20, 2011 It was announced last week that the Best Friends Animal Society of Kanab, Utah was joining with Pet Health Inc. to offer the Best Friends ...
Pet Insurance Misconception #10: Veterinarian Files the Paperwork
March 13, 2011 This week we start our series on common misconceptions about pet insurance. At #10 on our list is the common misbelief that like human ...
Texas Dog Owners Furious Over Proposed Mandated Dog Insurance
February 22, 2011 Many Texas dog owners are upset at House Bill 998. This bill, introduced by Ruth Jones McClendon, D-Texas, would require people who ...
Boxer Dogs Affected Most by Pet Heart Disease
February 13, 2011 Last week, Trupanion pet insurance company revealed a list of the cat and dog breeds that are affected most by pet heart disease. If ...
Medivet America Pet Stem Cell Kit
January 1, 2011 The Medivet America Pet Stem Cell Kit is the first in-house system of its kind available for veterinarians. Before the release of this ...
The Latest Pet Insurance Related News
Read these important posts find out what is happening!
Baltimore Dog Owners Barking Mad at City
November 15, 2010 Recently Baltimore approved a law that set up dog leash violation fines and created a plan for creating more legal pet parks and extended …
Poll: How Much Would You Spend on Your Pet?
September 26, 2010 How much is your pet worth? Put another way, how much would you spend on your pet? The knee-jerk reaction for many pet owners is as …
5 Most Expensive Dog Breeds To Insure
September 23, 2010 Recently one of the leading pet insurance companies, Trupanion released some figures on what they claim are the most expensive dog …
Pet Insurance Misconception #5: I Don't Need It
July 3, 2011 At #5 on our list of common pet insurance misconceptions is that many people believe that they don't need it. Unfortunately for many people …
Average Dog Bite Claim is $26,616
June 19, 2011 According to the Insurance Information Institute, the average dog bite claim last year was $26,616. They also said that the number of dog …
Veterinarian Charged With Prescription Fraud
May 22, 2011 In Bradenton, FL, a veterinarian was charged this week with giving a woman prescriptions for drugs knowing that he knew were for her use …
Top 10 Pet Insurance Articles of 2010
December 25, 2010 The year is almost over and it is once again time to reflect on the changes 2010 has brought. One thing I like to do is to review what …
Pet Eat the Strangest Things
December 19, 2010 Jellyfish tops the list among the strangest things eaten by pets in 2010. VPI Insurance released a list of interesting insurance claims …
Pet Insurance for Christmas
December 11, 2010 Trying to figure out the perfect give someone that has everything. Why not give the gift of pet insurance for Christmas? It might …
Pet Insurance Claims Rise 10% from Last Year
December 4, 2010 According to Trupanion, one of the largest pet insurance companies in the United States, the average size of pet insurance claims has …
What is a Pet Trust?
November 8, 2010 A pet trust is a legal agreement to give care for a pet right after its owner passes away. A pet trust falls under trust law and is one …
Should I See a Veterinary Specialist?
Many people wonder if they should see a veterinary specialist for their pet's problems. In this post I'm going to go over some situations where it might …
5 Most Expensive Cat Breeds to Insure
Trupanion Pet Insurance company released information last week on what are the most expensive cat breeds when it comes to filing pet insurance claims. …
Fascinating Roles that Veterinary Technicians Play
October 11, 2010 If you haven't heard already, this week is National Veterinary Technician Week. This week we celebrate veterinary technicians. Vet …
More People Have Pet Insurance then Health Insurance
October 4, 2010 Tesco, one of the leaders in the UK for pet insurance, recently did a survey that found that most people care more about their pet's health …
Allianz Pet Insurance Has 40% of UK Market
September 30, 2010 UK-based Allianz has 40% of the pet insurance market in the UK. This comes from the latest report published by You Gov, which is a …
PurinaCare Now Covers Pets in All 50 States
September 19, 2010 PurinaCare recently announced that it was approved in Florida to sell pet insurance there. With this approval PurinaCare can now sell …
Consumer Reports Investigates Pet Insurance
September 16, 2010 Consumer Reports is investigating pet insurance. Recently the Consumer Reports Money Adviser newsletter compared nine different plans …
As a veterinarian I wanted to create a website where pet owners could research available plans and read pet insurance reviews all in one place.
Nothing seems to cause more frustration or confusion for pet owners than trying to figure out which pet insurance plan is right for them.
While I hope this website provides all the information you need to make an informed decision, ultimately the choice up to you.
Compare Pet Insurance Plans relies on people like you to provide feedback for others. On this website you'll find many areas to leave your review comments: Pet Insurance Reviews
I have also provide a complete listing of all dog and cat plans by price to make it easier to match plans with what you are willing to spend. To see these plans visit Dog Insurance Plans and Cat Insurance Plans
Also I collected the links to all the form claims you could ever need and put them all here: Claim Forms. All of them are listed alphabetically by company name.
Today's pet owner has a lot more choices than just a few years ago. On this website you can compare pet insurance plans from many different companies.
Remember, you should take your time when looking for a pet policy and try and get at least three quotes and compare them before buying a plan for your pet.
I have answered several of the most important questions I get asked about pet insurance on this site as well. The most common two are "Should I Get Pet Insurance" and "Is Pet Insurance Worth It?"
Making the choice to buy a policy is a personal financial decision that most financial planners and veterinarians disagree on.
What I do know is that the quality of the plans offered and the prices have improved a lot, even over just the last 5 years.
Getting a pet policy is not for everyone, which is why I also include several alternative choices on this website. Beside buy a policy you could just create a "pet savings plan" or buy a Wellness Plan, like those offered by PetSmart. PetAssure is another company that has a good alternative to pet insurance that you might want to check out.
Although 90% of this site is dedicated to pet insurance, I have included information on homeowner's policies and dog bite insurance.
Also if you have a pet related business you need to look into getting yourself protected from lawsuits.
Not all policies are offered in every state, which I why I created this section at Compare Pet Insurance Plans to help you determine which policies are available in your area.
Some breeds cost more to insure than others due to genetic conditions. I have tried to list common disease conditions in these breeds that may be reasons why these dogs are more expensive to insure.
Also some dog breeds are called "dangerous" and it is often hard to get a homeowner's policy for these dogs. For some of these dogs on the list read: Dangerous Dog Insurance.
Thanks for visiting Compare Pet Insurance Plans, and I hope this site can give you some useful information. If you have suggestions for improvements, please let me know.
- Dog Insurance Comparison Chart
- Use this dog insurance comparison chart to help make choosing a dog insurance policy easier. Whether you are choosing dog or puppy insurance, the listed companies can provide you with the policy...
- Cat Insurance Comparison Chart
- Use this cat insurance comparison chart to help make choosing a dog insurance policy easier. Whether you are choosing cat or kitten insurance, the listed companies can provide you with the policy...
- Pet Insurance Blog by Dr. Chris
- Here is my pet insurance blog. I hope this blog will educate you on how to better compare pet insurance policies.
- Pet Insurance News - Keep Up With The Latest News About Pet Insurance
- Pet Insurance News: the latest developments and news stories about pet insurance in major media outlets
- Veterinary newsletter
- Join Dr Chris Vet Newsletter and keep up with all the latest information about pets.
- Breed Specific Conditions - Some Pet Insurance Policies Don't Cover These
- Breed specific conditions are excluded from coverage under many pet insurance polices. Here is a list of some of the most common breeds specific conditions in dogs.
- Pet Sitting Insurance - Should I Get Pet Sitters Insurance for Myself?
- Pet sitting insurance is a good idea if you earn income from this business. Remember even though it seems like a benign activity, things can and do go wrong when working with dogs.
- Dog Walker Insurance - Protect Yourself When Walking Dogs
- Dog walker insurance is available from several companies and can cost anywhere from $100 to $600 a year. You must be 18 years of age or older to get dog walker insurance
- Dog Rescue Insurance - Do You Need Liability and Health Insurance?
- Dog rescue insurance can be available in several different forms depending on your needs. A dog rescue organization should at least have liability insurance.
- Pet Insurance Companies; Reviews and Listings Of All Pet Insurance Plans Offered
- Pet Insurance Companies offer a lot of different plans and it can be Hard to compare them all, but review all Pet Insurance Companies here. Deductibles from $50 to $100
- Pet Liability Insurance - Do You Need It To Protect Business and Home?
- Pet liability insurance is a necessity if you own a grooming, pet walking, or pet sitting business. When it comes to policies, there are many things to consider about pet liability insurance
- About Us
- Thanks for Visiting!
- Contact Us
- Contact Us
- Links To Good Pet Sites
- pet insurance resources
- Cat Health Insurance - Research Cat Insurance
- Research Cat Health Insurance plans on using our unique comparison chart of all available cat health insurance plans, and browse our reviews of all providers.
- Poll: How Much Would You Spend on Your Sick Pet?
- Poll: How Much Would You Spend on Your Sick Pet? Please vote in our poll and let us know how much money you would be willing to spend on your sick pet.
- Discount Pet Insurance - Where Can I Find Discount Pet Insurance Plans?
- I am trying to find discount pet insurance. Do you know where I can find a company that offers this type of insurance? I know they are discount pet insurance plans out there.
- Dog Breeders Insurance - Why You Need To Look Into Protecting Your Investment
- Dog breeders insurance is necessary to have you derive income from dog breeding. Don't wait until a dog or a visitor to your home gets injured before looking into this insurance.
- Dog Dental Insurance - Is Getting Dog Dental Insurance Worth The Money?
- Dog dental insurance might be a good idea if you don't realize how expensive even a basic cleaning is! Find out if dog dental insurance makes sense for you to buy.
- Dog Health Insurance - Compare Dog Insurance Plans
- When buying dog health insurance, you need to make sure you research all of the plans available for dog health insurance, which you can do here thanks to our comparison charts
- Dog Insurance - Things You Need To Be Aware Of Before Buying Dog Insurance
- Dog insurance plans can be expensive, but there are many great deals out there. Here are some things you need to be aware of before buying a dog insurance policy.
- Dog Insurance for Renters - Tips to Protect Yourself Financially from Dog Damage
- The bottom line when it comes to dog insurance for renters, is to be proactive. First contact your renter's insurance company and see what kind of torture have. Second, take proactive measures in
- Poll: Highest Rated Pet Care Insurance Company - Vote Now!
- The highest rated pet care insurance company can be decided upon several different ways. However in the end we all have our own choice of which pet insurance company is our highest rated one:
- Pet Insurance Articles & Information
- The latest pet insurance articles posted. Keep up with the latest pet insurance news here.
- Pet Insurance Claim Forms - Links To 19 Claim Forms
- Pet Insurance Claim Forms: Easy way to find the claim form you need to get reimbursed for your pet's
- Pet Insurance Information - The Latest Info On Pet Insurance
- Pet insurance information changes frequently. To help you stay up to date on the latest develops in this area, here is a collection of articles on pet insurance information.
- Pet Insurance Jobs - There Are A Wide Variety Of Jobs Available In The Pet Industry
- Pet insurance jobs can come in many forms, from actually working for a pet insurance company, to being an insurance agent or broker, there are many positions available in this growing industry.
- Pet Insurance Promotional Codes
- Pet insurance promotional codes for most major providers like ASPCA, VPI, Embrace, Trupanion, 24 Pet Watch, Purina Care, etc.
- Pet Insurance Questions
- Pet Insurance Questions & Answers. Get all your pet insurance questions answered right now before you buy.
- Pet Insurance Questions - Compare Pet Insurance Plans
- Asking pet insurance questions and getting answers to them can help you make the best choices, so get your pet insurance questions answered!
- Pet Insurance Reviews
- Pet insurance reviews left by you and others can help people decide which type of insurance is best for their pet. Please browse the pet insurance reviews below and feel free to leave your own.
- Veterinarian Insurance - The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly
- Veterinarian insurance comes in many different forms. Thanks to increasing demand you can now find a wide range of customizable plans that can fit your budget. Here are some things to think about.
- Dangerous Dog Insurance - 13 Dog Breeds To Watch out for
- Dangerous dog insurance can be hard to find since more and more insurance companies are profiling dangerous dog breeds. Here are 13 of them.
- Avian Pet Insurance Is It Worth Getting A Policy For My Bird?
- Avian pet insurance is off is available to bird owners. Whether or not buying a policy makes financial sense is ultimately up to you but here are some things to consider.
- Dog Home Owner Insurance - 13 Breeds To Be Aware Of
- Dog home owner insurance is harder and harder to find because more companies over the last 10 years are refusing to insure certain types of dogs.
- Dog Liability Insurance - Protect Yourself or As Little As $100 a Year
- Dog liability insurance is important to have if you derive income from any type of pet business. Most policies are much cheaper than you would think.